Thank you for visiting the Office of Undergraduate Academic Integrity’s website.
The Office of Undergraduate Academic Integrity leads the University’s efforts to promote academic integrity. The Office fosters an environment that promotes fairness, personal responsibility, and integrity.
The University firmly believes that promoting academic integrity involves much more than adjudicating cases of alleged academic dishonesty. It also requires an institutional wide effort to promote academic integrity through preventive programming as well as providing students with remediation steps to deter future academic dishonesty violations. Hence, the Office of Undergraduate Academic Integrity has the following core functions:
- Serve as a resource to faculty and staff regarding strategies to promote academic integrity in the classroom, strategies to reduce and control academic dishonesty, reporting academic misconduct violations, and navigating the Undergraduate Honor System process.
- Promote collaboration with other units on campus to develop a culture of academic integrity at Virginia Tech.
- Coordinate campus-wide programs and educational efforts related to academic integrity.
- Provide administrative oversight to the Undergraduate Honor System.
- Provide training and support for faculty, staff, and students participating in the Undergraduate Honor System.
- Ensure that the Undergraduate Honor System is administered effectively and efficiently with the fundamental principles of fairness and of due process.
- Provide assistance to students accused of academic misconduct violations.
- Provide assistance to faculty who suspect that academic misconduct has occurred.
The purpose of the Office of Undergraduate Academic Integrity is to support the campus in its efforts of promoting the highest standards of integrity and honor for students both inside and outside of the classroom.
The Office of Undergraduate Academic Integrity is passionate about making a positive impact in the lives of students. We truly believe that instilling the values associated with academic integrity is vital to higher education and society. We welcome opportunities to speak with faculty members, classes, student organizations, parents, and individuals about academic integrity.
Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com any time with questions and concerns.